Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I can't approve my own issues in Workfront

Level 1

I joined the company in December, and it is now the end of July. Prior to May, I could enter an issue and immediately approve it. Now I have to have my boss approve EVERY issue I create. My boss is a WF Admin and she swears she has not changed my access. She doesn't like having the added task of approving all my issues either.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what my boss should be looking at in WF to re-enable me to approve my own issues? 

Thank you all in advance ... for any suggestions or comments, or for just reading and realizing there may be a problem.

~B

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you give us some details about how the approval process for your issues is set up? Is it calling on a team or a role that you are no longer a part of? If you're not a system admin, have your boss look it up in here, under the requests tab:

https://<your-domain>.my.workfront.com/setup/approvals

Level 1

Skye,

I forwarded the link to my boss and asked her to please add me to the approval list. She will do so and let me know when she has done it. I HOPE that this will fix the problem.

What was strange is that I was always able to approve my own issues until just recently. I think someone may have clicked something they were not supposed to!

We use WF to schedule a mobile showroom that I drive around the country. It is a tool that everyone can see the schedule of where the showroom is on any given day and try to schedule more appointments for it in the area. This prevents me from needing to be in San Diego one week and Maine the next. All the salespeople are supposed to view the schedule in WF, so they know where I am.

Community Advisor

Is the goal for your boss to just have visibility into issues you create and doesn’t necessarily have to literally approve them? If it’s the former, you could enter issues as you used to (without an approval process) and have an issue report that captures all your issues for her to look at any time…

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 1

Madalyn,

The issues in Workfront are supposed to be put there by my sales team, but 99% of them don't bother, so I have to do it. I then am supposed to either say yea or nay to what the sales team is asking for. The boss looks at a report once a week or so and that is her entire involvement with the process.

She is looking into the approval setup right now. Hopefully she can add me to the list of people (currently her and one other) so I can approve my own issues.