Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to prevent inherited permissions !!!!!

Level 4

We have certain projects that need to be limited to only the users involved on the project. My problem is the projects are inheriting the permissions from the Portfolio. How do I prevent this? The projects need to stay within their respective portfolios, but the permissions should not match the Portfolio permissions. I thought I had this figured out, but now it's reverted to inheriting again. 😫

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Do you create your projects from Templates? I like to manage permissions at the template level under Access.

Level 4

Hi @Kellie Gardner‚ - thank you for your response.

By checking zero boxes under Access on the templates, I was able to get this to work previously. However, since the latest release, this is no longer working. I have a ticket into support now - I'm hoping it's just a bug that can be fixed.

Thanks again!

Community Advisor

That does seem strange. I'll have to run some testing to see if it happens in our instance and I'm just not aware of it. I'd love to hear if there is a resolution to the problem from Workfront.

Level 1

Did this ever get resolved? I find myself tasked with trying to fix this exact same issue and have had no luck so far.

Level 1

To remove inherited permissions, go to the portfolio your projects are associated with > Click on the 3 dots next to the portfolio name > then click on Sharing > Then click on the X next to the group, team, or individual you're trying to remove.