Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to create/add views from other reports to a Project Report?

Level 4

I need to add columns to a Project Report that don't exist in this report. They're available in other reports (Task, Request) but not in the Project Report.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

The short answer is that you cannot copy a column from one type (project, task, issue, etc.) of report to another. But there are ways to get the same information that was in the second report into the first. It depends on the report type and the information desired.

A task report can have specific information about a list of tasks on individual rows. But a project report will list all tasks as a collection in one field. if you want info about specific tasks, you have to name them specifically.

Can you give an example?

Level 4

Thanks Randy.

I assign projects to writers/designers once the project is active. I need a Project Report to show all my active projects, but this report has to have a column for writers and designers for it to be useful. Multiple other reports have the ability to add write/designer columns, but lack other columns I would need.