Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to create a report by portfolio based on the number of projects a person was "on"

Level 10

I see some discussion on this topic but none are working for me. Basically what I want to do is pull a list of projects assigned to someone within a specific Team or Group are on. What I'm thinking is that it pulls from the People tab of a project - not the task list. That way I could filter for a Group or Team, and get a count by username of how many projects they are "on" and then group by portfolio. Any ideas how to do that?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I really don't know if this will be possible. I feel like best you could get would be the home group or home team that the person is on. If you're already pulling a collection of users from the project (i.e. pulling a collection of project users) my understanding is you can't pull another collection (from each project user, pull from their collection of groups and teams)

Community Advisor

@Doug Den Hoed‚ helped me with one of his AtAppStore solutions for something similar where I wanted the total number of projects that a user worked on by year. I tried finding the thread we had, but my previous community profile got obliterated and I didn't have any luck. Hopefully Doug will chime in and remember the matrix report we used - maybe it'll work for what you're looking for.