Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

How does everyone document their Workfront setup?

Level 6

I am working on an inherited instance and we are getting another new system admin soon.  During the Admin 101 call it was mentioned that you could use a project to document tips, links, etc.  For anyone doing that, can you share how you have it set up?  Do you use a custom form to gather information, post updates or attach documents?  Just looking for ideas on best practice and what works for you.  If you have fusion documented, we'd also be interested in what processes you use for that.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Stacey_Robertson - We do this! We use a project and utilize requests in the project (one request/issue per topic). I prefer requests for this instead of tasks because you can also setup a queue in the project and then have the custom form attached already to fill out when you create a new request (pretty much a private request queue setup). Then, there is a report within a dashboard that has all of the requests with relevant information (Topic/Topic Description/Additional Tips as columns or links to documentation).

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Stacey_Robertson - We do this! We use a project and utilize requests in the project (one request/issue per topic). I prefer requests for this instead of tasks because you can also setup a queue in the project and then have the custom form attached already to fill out when you create a new request (pretty much a private request queue setup). Then, there is a report within a dashboard that has all of the requests with relevant information (Topic/Topic Description/Additional Tips as columns or links to documentation).

Level 3

Hi Stacey, 

here are few things we have followed: 

1. Yes, we do have a project to onboard users and admins. with step by step instructions/ Admin 101 -- week 1 - understand team hierarchy - portfolio, program and project, job roles, resourcing, and how projects are set up; week 2 - taking lead on licensing and some admin drill (we can use WF admin audit blueprint here) week 3 - conduct office hours week 4 - start regular governance meetings 

2. Making sure to house all QRGs, training materials and recordings for users to complete in process and training project.

3. Admin to create "Workfront FAQ report" - this is really helpful.

hope this helps. 

Community Advisor

I personally don't use Workfront to document our setup. I have a entire PDF document that has all the ins and outs of how the system is setup. It basically mimics the backend hierarchy of the setup options. My document is comprehensive documentation that also outlines company policies and procedures that align to the setup and any reasoning behind it. 

KellieGardner_0-1705517343710.png

I do use Workfront to track changes to setup, quick help links for my end users, and onboarding end users.

Level 5

This is how we do it, too, though via Google Sheets (sorry, Adobe).  We also use LucidChart or other Visio-like tools for flow diagrams, UML sequence diagrams, etc.  These are especially helpful for the Fusion scenarios.