Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do you feel about the new standard column widths on the Agile Storyboard?

Level 6

Following the 21.3 release and the standard column widths on the Agile Storyboard, our Agile teams really dislike them. So much so, they are considering no longer using the tool. Please, please, is it possible to roll this feature back for us?

The ideal solution (our highest priority) would be to have the ability to size the column widths ourselves, then have the ability to save that view. This will enable us to try and fit the columns on a single page as per the previous version. If after resizing the columns we have to still scroll left / right, then the ability to "freeze" the Parent Task column of the left. Also, the ability to "Freeze" the column headings at the top would be useful. Hope this makes sense.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

14 Replies

Level 2

I agree 100% with this comment. We aren't going to stop using the tool, but having standard columns that don't fit completely fit within the browser window is...inconvenient. Perhaps users can be given the option to make the columns responsive so they resize appropriately.

I've had to hide a column and scale down my Chrome zoom level to 80% in order to recreate the old views. It would be nice if the old view was still an option.

Level 2

Yep, I'm with you! Our whole team is complaining about it now. Because of the need to be mobile, most of us work on 13"-15" laptops, so we can only see the project column plus one status column. We have to zoom out to 50% to see all the columns, but then we can't read the cards. And because the headers are not fixed, once we scroll through the board, we can't tell which status or project a task falls within. Seems like the board was designed to only work for someone on a very large monitor with only three basic status columns. The cards definitely look better, but the column widths are a deal breaker for us -- no one is using the board now.

Level 3

Thank you @Jane Bradshaw‚, @Jason Haynes‚, and @Tina Craig‚ for offering this feedback!

It really helps us to know how the changes we are implementing are affecting your work processes. We definitely want the board to give you a good sense of the overall progress of work and it sounds like that is not happening for you. We will take this feedback into consideration and work on how this board can be designed to scale to allow for a better view of all the work items.

Out of curiosity, would you all be willing to tell me how many columns your teams use to track workflow?

Level 6

Hi Andy

Many thanks for getting back to us.

I can confirm that our most established Agile Scrum team use the following columns/statuses

(Parent Story)

New

Waiting

In Progress

In Progress – Functional

To be Tested (Dev)

To be Tested (Test)

UAT

On Hold

To be Deployed

Complete

Many thanks

Jane

Level 2

Thanks, Andy! We currently use New, In Development, Proofing, QA/Testing, and Complete. But as our team evolves, so does the board. Our general rule has been to try to keep it to no more than 5 columns though.

Community Advisor

Very much agree with you Jane. We currently track 8 columns and the extra scrolling is a pain. We'd sure like to opt out of that feature!

Employee

We are working to roll back these feature for specific customers. @Jane Bradshaw‚ @Sheri Whitten‚ @Tina Craig‚ @Jason Haynes‚ we are going to roll back to the previous experience while we upgrade the experience.

Community Advisor

Great to hear! Thank you @Patrick Muir - inactive‚ 😊

Level 1

Hi @Patrick Muir - inactive‚ ,

Could Georgia Pacific be included in the roll back as well? My Team has been unhappy with the new column sizes, we use 10 columns. Thanks!

Level 2

Did this get rolled back so that the Kanban columns are no longer static width? Our teams really need this ability to adjust the width for teams with lots of columns. Please advise - thanks!

Level 3

I don't, its terrible. Now I can barely see anything. I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get the scroll bar to see anything past the first column.