Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Hour Report Combining Similar Task Names

Level 1

i've created an hours report, and want to have it group by similar task names. In the screenshot attached, i'm trying to only show hours logged against a task that contain 'Upload URL in Request' and 'Upload Approved Artwork'. So looking to pull all 3 variations of 'Upload Approved Artwork' into 1 pie slice vs 3

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, 

You unfortunately aren't able to view charts with a grouping that uses text mode. BUT, you can do one of these workarounds:
1. Create a calculated custom form field that is in a custom form attached to the objects you're doing this hour reporting on. For example, you'd go to the task custom form the hours are on, and create a calculated custom form field using CONTAINS(“Upload Approved Artwork”,{task:name}) - you'd of course have to create it to accommodate for all task names you're looking for. The field you created, say it's called "Upload Tasks," is now a field you can use in your report. You'd group by this calculated form field and use that to chart with. This is my recommended approach.

2. If you don't want to do that calculated field, you can add a column to the report with a text mode valueexpression that says anything with X phrases, show it as X in the column, otherwise show it as Y. Then you can sort by that column. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Hi @Madalyn_Destafney on your option #2 above, you mentioned that you could sort on the calculated column.   I haven't been able to get that to work, and I found another post that said it wasn't possible: Solved: Sorting report by custom field - Adobe Experience League Community - 610442.

But, if you've found a way to do it, I would love some tips.  Thanks!!

Community Advisor

Well shoot, I guess I forgot you can’t sort a custom column, sigh.

Sounds like option 1 is your bet, it’s really not time consuming, once you create your field, you can run a task report to pull in all the ones you want to apply that to and apply it in bulk to have it produce results in your report you’re trying to make.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )