Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email notification to assignees of project issue prior to it being due

Level 2

Hello, I'm hoping to set up an email notification to assignees of a particular issue on a project letting them all know it is coming due. I would ideally like to send this notification 1-2 days prior to completion date set.

Thanks,

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, you can use a Reminder Notification for this. In Setup > Email > Reminder Notifications you can select the object you want these associated with - Issue in your scenario of course, then set up the trigger. You can have it sent 1-2 days before the issue planned completion. For example:

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1705344085699.png

The caveat is that this isn't for a specific project's issues, it's for all issues that meet the criteria. More on reminder notifications here.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Is there a way to notify assignees of a task/issue prior to it becoming due? I saw something about setting up a notification against and object but not sure if it works for issues/tasks or if we need a plug in?

Thanks

Community Advisor

Yes, that’s what the reminder notification is for. You can select it to occur for issues, tasks, projects, timesheets and indicate when an email is sent ahead of when it’s due. See my comment above.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Thank you. I was hoping for more refined email per task/issue.