Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Hide report column that conditional formatting is based off

Level 6

I'm working on a dashboard with a series of task reports.  I would like to color code each row (the entire row) based off of the Progress Status.  Late = red, At Risk/Behind = yellow.  I also don't want the Progress Status column to actually show up on the report.

I've tried switching the Column view to text mode and adding

textmode=true

usewidths=true

width=0

but it doesn't work.  I also tried the same but with width=1 and it doesn't work.  

I was able to make the column disappear once, but my conditional formatting of the entire row went with it.  

Is there a way to hide a column that is being used to conditionally format the entire row?  

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

brain fart... the conditional formatting doesn't have to be on the progress status column... you literally could find any other column on there and specify the progress status formatting. Have you tried this yet?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

you can't hide it. Best thing to do is just hide or replace the content in it. You can do this a number of ways. I usually just replace the valuefield line with

value=

(i.e. a blank line)

Level 6

I'll just accept that it has to be there then.  Thank you for confirming!

I tried your value=, but then my conditional formatting doesn't kick in because the line is blank.  

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

brain fart... the conditional formatting doesn't have to be on the progress status column... you literally could find any other column on there and specify the progress status formatting. Have you tried this yet?

Level 6

Oh I didn't realize you could do that!  It defaults to conditional formatting to the selected column, and I didn't realize you could override it.  Thank you so much!