Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront integration with Budgeting and/or Expense software

Level 1

I'm curious what budgeting/expense software you all may be using to automatically feed budgets, invoices, expenses into Workfront with. Our expenses software is SAP Concur. We are trying to avoid making Workfront a system of record for the costs associated with a project since that information should be in our Accounts Payable area already. Thanks for any input! 

Adrianne

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

We have an integration setup to feed expenses into projects and we used Fusion to do ours. 

The pro is that you have expenses related to the project and labor costs all in one place to track and report out for a full project cost calculation. The disadvantage is if you are tracking vendor spend for contractors through an expense platform like concur and bring that into the system as an expense and they are also logging time on the project with an hourly rate then you are double dipping since the cost will go to expenses and labor. 

Another caveat that we had to work through is that the data has to "live" somewhere in order for an automation to grab it. It's not just a feed that goes direct from one system to another. 

Level 1

Hi Kellie, thank you for the response! We don't have Fusion yet but looking into use cases. Are you saying that we would have to export the data from our expense system/budgeting system and put it on an sftp or our network and then Fusion would pick it up and upload it into Workfront like an automated kickstart?

Community Advisor

That is what we had to do, yes. It exports daily as a file that lives on an accessible server, then the automation goes in and reads the export and brings it into Workfront. 

Level 10

Hi @AdrianneCole,

Until "if and when you do obtain Fusion", I invite you to consider our Scheduled Excel Updater solution, with which you could automate feeding budgets, invoices, and expenses into Workfront (similar to the approach @KellieGardner described, but leveraging our Excel Updater solution).

Regards,
Doug