Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Help with IFIN calculated field for tracking status changes

Level 4

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom field that will track when a project moves to one of two statuses, Current (CUR) and Production (PRD). I was using a combo of ISBLANK and IFIN and below is what I have, but it not giving me any results:

IF(ISBLANK({DE:Production Date Went Current}),IFIN({status},"CUR","PRD",$$NOW,""),{DE:Production Date Went Current})

Does anyone know why this is not giving me any results?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@KristinaWa1 Are you wanting the track the date in which a project moved to Current AND the date in which a project moved to Production? Or do you want this set up as an OR statement where the custom field will track the first of the two? This blog offers an example to show how to track status change dates in a calculated custom field - it uses the expression ISBLANK vs IFIN. 

If you want the latter option, here is what it would look like:

IF(ISBLANK({DE:Production Date Went Current}),IF({status}="CUR"||{status}="PRD",$$TODAY,{DE:Production Date Went Current}),{DE:Production Date Went Current})

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@KristinaWa1 Are you wanting the track the date in which a project moved to Current AND the date in which a project moved to Production? Or do you want this set up as an OR statement where the custom field will track the first of the two? This blog offers an example to show how to track status change dates in a calculated custom field - it uses the expression ISBLANK vs IFIN. 

If you want the latter option, here is what it would look like:

IF(ISBLANK({DE:Production Date Went Current}),IF({status}="CUR"||{status}="PRD",$$TODAY,{DE:Production Date Went Current}),{DE:Production Date Went Current})

Level 4

Thank you Nichole, yes I wanted the date when the project changed into either one of those statuses, you calculation worked.