Expand my Community achievements bar.

Having trouble with alerts when a team is assigned to a task

Level 5

For the life of me I can't figure this out, and can't figure out when this went south on our end: We are moving to team assignments for tasks rather than individuals, in order to have a pull not push approach. But when the predecessors for these tasks are complete, the members of the team are not getting alerts that their task is ready to go. If there's an individual for the task that's up, it works fine, and the alert flows through. But I would assume that members of a team would all get alerted if they needed to do something. (Example: We want the Design Team to do task 3, and send an email to all 5 members of the team.)

Am I missing something hugely obvious? This seems like it's out of the box and yet nothing is coming up.

Thanks,

Ryan

5 Replies

Community Advisor

I don't think you're missing anything. As far as I know, there's no alert to notify an entire team when all the predecessors are complete. I just double checked the email notifications one more time.

Level 5

Well that's pretty unfortunate. I had hoped the user preferences for those within the team would kick in: eg, if I had my alerts sent to let me know when my predecessors were complete, and I was on a team assigned to a task, i'd get that alert same as if I was individually assigned.

Level 2

I would also like to see a setting where we could set notifications to go to an entire team. The way that we work around this for now is by having a shared dashboard that all members of the team know to check regularly. Then, if a member sees a task come in on one of the reports, they can click on the task and "claim" the work by removing the team assignment and replacing it with their own name (which any work license should have the permissions to do, as long as they are on the team that is assigned).

Level 4

A request for this ability is in the idea exchange. Please vote for it!

https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSsFAAW/detail