Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Group Admin Access to Update Layout Template for a Team

Level 1

Hello, 

Hoping someone can provide me some guidance. I'm trying to allow my group admin to be able to edit layout templates for a team, but that field is grayed out when they try to update it. Any idea how to allow access for this capability? The access level is set to allow for everything on a team object

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Melanf, 

What you mentioned seems strange to me. However, not be able to see the set up you have, there could be something blocking you Group Admin. There's a couple things to confirm in order to make sure the Group Admin has the right permissions. Sorry if these you already know.

1) Verify you have given the correct Access Level (and License) to your User in order to be a Group Admin. This is typically all Access and the Plan license. 

2) Verify the User is set as a Group Admin for the Group the Team is in. You can do this by going to the Member area of the Group. You should see the Group Admins at the top. If they are not, add or find the user and make them a Group Admin. 

3) Verify the Team is in the Group. Remember, that some Users of a Team can be from other Groups. 

4) In the Layout Template, verify the Assignments section (top right of the Layout Template) has the Team (or Users) present. 

Let me know if these help. 

Best,

Joaquin

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Melanf, 

What you mentioned seems strange to me. However, not be able to see the set up you have, there could be something blocking you Group Admin. There's a couple things to confirm in order to make sure the Group Admin has the right permissions. Sorry if these you already know.

1) Verify you have given the correct Access Level (and License) to your User in order to be a Group Admin. This is typically all Access and the Plan license. 

2) Verify the User is set as a Group Admin for the Group the Team is in. You can do this by going to the Member area of the Group. You should see the Group Admins at the top. If they are not, add or find the user and make them a Group Admin. 

3) Verify the Team is in the Group. Remember, that some Users of a Team can be from other Groups. 

4) In the Layout Template, verify the Assignments section (top right of the Layout Template) has the Team (or Users) present. 

Let me know if these help. 

Best,

Joaquin

Community Advisor

Hi,

In addition to Joaquin's excellent advice, you may also need to check that the access level allows people to edit users in their group. See below.

Screenshot 2023-08-25 162741.jpg

Best Regards,

Rich.