Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

From my project list, is there a way to create a view which would include a column that shows who the next task is assigned to? I am looking for a new view that will allow my fellow team members to see quickly who is up to bat on each project.

Level 1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Amber Wiles‚ If you have predecessors associated to your tasks, you can create a view on your project list that shows tasks that are ready to start. The view is created using collections (text mode) so you would want to create a new column, switch to text mode and paste the following:

displayname=Task(s) Ready to Start

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({isReady}="True",{name})

valueformat=HTML

This will pull in all tasks on the project that are ready to start (based on the predecessor relationship), however, the task name(s) will not be clickable.

If you have any questions, let me know!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Amber Wiles‚ If you have predecessors associated to your tasks, you can create a view on your project list that shows tasks that are ready to start. The view is created using collections (text mode) so you would want to create a new column, switch to text mode and paste the following:

displayname=Task(s) Ready to Start

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({isReady}="True",{name})

valueformat=HTML

This will pull in all tasks on the project that are ready to start (based on the predecessor relationship), however, the task name(s) will not be clickable.

If you have any questions, let me know!