Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

filter for categories

Level 8
Hey guys... I am having trouble filtering out projects that have a certain category (form) attached to them. I have tried all 5 of the filters (categories:name, categories:ID, category:name, category:ID and project:category:ID) with no luck. Inevitably, some of the projects still sneak in the report. It must be pulling only the first or last custom form, but not all. Is there a way through an EXISTS filter or something to get the report to filter out all projects that have a certain category attached to them? I run into this on templates as well. I cannot filter for projects with multiple templates either. Thanks guys! Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com
4 Replies

Community Advisor
You want an objectCategories filter. In your filter's text mode, replace the category ID below with the one you're looking to exclude from results, and it will return all objects with no instance of the form. objectCategories:categoryID=5d28b5df001c651b635690e3dc2axxxx objectCategories:categoryID_Mod=notin William English T-Mobile
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 8
hmmm... Still returning projects that have this category ID. I am running a project report. Should I be doing this in a category report instead? My filter is as follows: objectCategories:categoryID=5d5c9fbd02835552b90ab99212af1eb2 objectCategories:categoryID_Mod=notin owner:homeGroupID=5b035a7b007b5f1ac67fd23f2fd22329 owner:homeGroupID_Mod=in Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com

Community Advisor
Interesting. You want a list of projects, so it should be a project report. I originally tested just the objectCategories as a project filter, in the projects landing page (All Projects) and it worked as expected, returning no projects with the form attached. When I tried the filter in a project report , it did not work as expected, returning projects with the form I was filtering against. My next thought was to include just the homeGroupID filter in the report; and then refine results with the project filter that previously worked in the projects landing page. That didn't work either. I added both the homeGroupID and objectCategories into the project filter, then used that on the projects landing page (All Projects), and it worked as expected. I have no idea why it works on the landing page list view, but doesn't work in a project report, and it's too late for me to hypothesize why. Something about the fact that objectCategories applies to all object types that can have a form attached. I'll be curious to see what some of the real experts say! William English T-Mobile
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 8
WF is good for having code work in one spot but not in another . ‚òª This will have to work for now though. Appreciate you sir! Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com