Expand my Community achievements bar.

Feature Requests - Formatting Text

Level 1
We are Software Development Company. Our Technical Project Managers and Developers would love to have some simple fromatting options within tex t field; especcially in task or issue description e.g. for quoting code or marking off specific lines; like in this text box . As a software development company we evaluate the implemnatation of this feature as not very critical and wondering if this would be helpful for others as well? Cheers Dennis
19 Replies

Level 10
>>Yes, simple RTF formatting would very much be appreciated. That is because we use the Update/Note log to produce our weekly project status reports. If we could do the updates in RTF, it would be far less editing and messing about to get a nice looking project status update. Eric

Level 2
Yes please!! This is one of biggest complaints and would make the documentation and communication on a task much easier to read if could bullet, highlight, etc., without having to upload a Word doc (for example) to get information in the format we'd like to see it.

Level 5
Yes!! RTF would be awesome! I haven't launched yet- but already identified this as a gap for us. It's hard to digest the text when you can't format it at all. tks KDR

Level 4
I made an official request for this feature here back on 4-2-16. Adoption was a major theme at Leap 2016, and I think that rich text in update fields should be prioritized in that context. As several others have mentioned in this thread, the ability to format updates would allow users to stay in-band for status updates and meeting notes. ~Jeff ~Jeff

Level 10
Quick bump for this thread. Has anyone heard anything further about rich text editing from Workfront product management?

Level 1
Unfortunately not, we brought it up several times within the last years, but it seems to be still not on the list.

Level 10
Haven't heard a thing, haven't seen a thing. No acknowledgement by Product Management.

Level 5
I've also had a lot of requests for such a feature in the UPDATES area so that people could quickly scan for highlighted items.

Level 3
Agreed! Would also be very helpful for information entered on custom forms.

Level 10
Hi Everyone, I met with some UX people from Workfront Product a little while ago. One of the things was testing out Rich Text Formatting in Updates. There wasn't coloring in the beta/dev version I saw, but there was Bold, Italics, Underline, Bullets (dots), Bullets (numbers), and the ability to hyperlink text. I'm hoping they will be ready to release those enhancements soon. :)

Level 10
I agree, editing custom forms with text options would be great!

Level 2
Agreed 100%. We've submitted a formal feature request on this as well.

Level 10
Just adding another voice. Please get this added in.

Level 3
Interested in this feature too..

Level 1
I must agree. Please incorporate RTF or some sort of formatting! Projects, even tasks require a ton of info, and I'd like to delineate it with formatting so it's easier for my employees to read! Gerald Swanson Premium Mortgage

Level 2
Bumping up thread. This is a frequent request by our project team as well. Anything on the horizon? Thanks, James Foley Western Alliance Bancorporation