Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Using QR Codes to Launch WF App

Level 2
For Issues, I wanted to see if anyone has been able to return QR codes back in a view that can be scanned in order to launch the WF app into the actual issue. I am able to use a QR code building website where I can put in the link to the Issue in WF, it generates the QR code, I then scan it with my phone (iPhone X with iOS 13 beta) and it launches into the app. I want to see now if I can get it to call out to a QR code building site and return the QR code into the View so that if I'm viewing tickets on a report (or if I print a report out and place it on a wall where people can scan it to launch into the app / issue), they can see the details. I'm close... but stuck on how to return that code and calling out for help. :) The code site I'm trying is "https://www.qr-code-generator.com/" https://www.qr-code-generator.com/ Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Tim Tim Greek IEHP
4 Replies

Community Advisor
Neat idea. Not sure how one would go about doing this without leveraging APIs from both services. When a new issue is created, that triggers an API call which transmits the issue url you want encoded, along with your authorization credentials to use the service, to the service provider's API endpoint. The service would then return a graphic file back to Workfront's API endpoint, with some information about which issue the graphic file should be attached to, and it would get attached as a document to the issue. You would then create a document report, which displays the relevant issue details and a thumbnail preview of the graphic. This is a gross oversimplification of all the things that would need to happen, but that describes it in a nutshell. There might be other suggestions out there how to do this, which I'd be interested in hearing! William English T-Mobile
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Level 5
Hi Tim, In the XXI century it this really a way of working? Can you please describe a real scenario where people would follow this path instead of searching eg. for the Ref. Number? Maybe I'm too "new fashioned", but who uses printers nowadays so massively? Imre Imre Magyar VODAFONE Group

Level 2
Hey Imre, We still love paper and visual tokens with huddle boards. I honestly would love to setup a smart board where I can interact live with a Kanban board out of WF or view a report at least to see latest and greatest. I'm the servant of many masters (analog and digital, but trying to do what I can digitally). I'm kicking around ideas that helps drive people to use WF more at my company and especially the mobile app (which works great). The more I can get them into the application the better. But ultimately yes... I'm with you in my heart of hearts... but figured I'd check in to see if others have done something like this :) Tim Tim Greek IEHP

Level 2
Hey William, From my research I was noticing the same thing that at the API level there would have to be calls between the two but figured I'd check to see what ideas are out there. This has been a ghost I've been chasing for a while to bring people from analog to digital and for quick interaction with the mobile app but just haven't been able to get there. I'll just have to tell people "Go into WF..." and don't accept them being analog only. :) If others have ideas though I'm all ears. Tim Tim Greek IEHP