Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

External Report Sharing

Level 1

We are using a public access link to share a report with customers. 

As customers are interacting with the report, which has external links embedded that are opening in a new tab, they are being prompted to login on the tab that contains the original report. 

Has anyone encountered this and come up with a solution?

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Does your report have a 'run with access rights of' user included? I wonder if they are trying to access things in WF not shared with them, therefore getting prompted to log in. Make sure you have an admin or someone in your instance that has access to everything in the report if you're trying to have customers see all of the report content but are not in WF...

In your Report Settings:

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1678823900916.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 1

Hi @Madalyn_Destafney Thanks for sharing that thought. As an example of what is happening - They are clicking on an external link to our website which is opening in a new tab and on the original tab, they are essentially "kicked out" of the report and being prompted to login to WF.

Appreciate your reply!

Community Advisor

Hmm, strange! You may want to ask Support what's up there.

Community Advisor

@jenna__c , I was reading 23.2 release notes and wonder if this strangeness has anything to do with this coming update? Very bottom of 23.2 release overview.

Dashboard external pages no longer support dashboard URLs

To improve dashboard stability and load times, external pages in dashboards will no longer be able to reference dashboard URLs. System administrators for accounts that contain any external pages referencing dashboards will receive an in-app notification to alert them of this change. For more information, see Embed an external page in a dashboard.

Community Advisor

I believe this is related to using the external page link at the bottom of the dashboard builder to essentially embed a Workfront dashboard within another Workfront dashboard.

Level 7

Do they have access to the items they are clicking on?  Could it be a permissions issue?

Level 1

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, they have access to the items they are clicking on. It is allowing them to access the linked content, opening that up just fine in a new tab but then booting them out of the original report and prompting them to login to WF. 

Community Advisor

If you shared the report with your External_Users group does that alleviate the issue?