Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Exclude specific task names from a task report

Avatar

Level 2

I am creating a task report that needs to filter-out three task names: Internal Meetings, External Meetings and Financial Tracking/Mgmt. I thought I could do this in standard mode using OR. But once I add more than one task name, the report stops filtering out the task names. Is there a text mode code that can tell a task report to exclude these three task names from appearing in report results? 

1 Accepted Solution

Avatar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, the OR statement can be dicey... your first set of filters might exclude "Internal Meetings," then your second set might exclude "External Meetings," but since "Internal Meetings" aren't excluded by that second filter set, they would still pull in based on that set of filters - I've run into this a few times.

 

Are these tasks added to your projects via a template? If so, you could grab the ID of those same tasks from the template (if the same tasks are used in multiple templates, you'd have to grab the IDs from ALL the templates), then in your task report, filter for:

Template Task >> ID "Not Equal" and list your template task IDs

as you paste in each ID, the template task name that ID goes with each ID will appear and you can select that so it will show the task name instead of the ID.

 

task filter.jpg

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Avatar

Community Advisor

You were on the right path with OR task filters, just be sure to include each filter w each set. For example, if you’re including dates, project names, etc. as filters, you’d repeat those same filters under each OR set and have the task name ‘contains’ filter change for each OR set.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Avatar

Level 2

For some reason the OR filters were not working beyond the first one? I was able to solve this bc I realized all 3 tasks were children to a parent task called "Admin" so I filtered out Admin & its children to get the right results. 

Avatar

Community Advisor

I'm having a difficult time picturing what/how you're filtering. Can you post a screenshot of what your filter area looks like?

 

For me, tentatively I would probably go with text mode that looks similar to this*:

 

 

name=external meetings
name_Mod=cinotcontains

AND:1:name=internal meetings
AND:1:name_Mod=cinotcontains

AND:2:name=financial tracking
AND:2:name_Mod=cinotcontains

 

 

it's hard to tell what would work without first seeing what you're trying to do. 

 

*Solution sourced from https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/filter-not-blank-and-not-x/m-p/...

--------------------------------

If you liked my post, please like my ideas at
https://experienceleaguecommunnities.adobe.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/17528599/contribution...

--------------------------------

Avatar

Level 2

thank you! I will try this! I was able to solve for this specific report bc I realized the three tasks were children to a parent task "Admin" that I could filter out.

Avatar

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, the OR statement can be dicey... your first set of filters might exclude "Internal Meetings," then your second set might exclude "External Meetings," but since "Internal Meetings" aren't excluded by that second filter set, they would still pull in based on that set of filters - I've run into this a few times.

 

Are these tasks added to your projects via a template? If so, you could grab the ID of those same tasks from the template (if the same tasks are used in multiple templates, you'd have to grab the IDs from ALL the templates), then in your task report, filter for:

Template Task >> ID "Not Equal" and list your template task IDs

as you paste in each ID, the template task name that ID goes with each ID will appear and you can select that so it will show the task name instead of the ID.

 

task filter.jpg

Avatar

Level 2

yes this is what happened: the first set of filters worked but the 2nd & 3rd did not. I was able to come up with a work-around bc all three tasks roll-up to the same parent task.. so I filtered out that task plus its children. But filtering on the template task did not occur to me. This will also work. TY!