Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Event subscription api - document and project:groupID filter

Level 10

I'd like the criteria for the event subscription filter of the objCode = DOCU and I'd only like to receive the payload if the document is created in a project with a specific group. How do you do this?

I've tried something like this but it does not send a payload. Is it even possible with a 2 level filter?

{"objCode": "DOCU",

"eventType": "CREATE",

"url": "https://eventfilter.yourendpoint.com",

"authToken": "EauthTokenWorkfrontRocks1234_",

"filters": [

{

"fieldName": "project:groupID",

"fieldValue": "IDxsfdsfasfsafafvalue"

}

}

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Polly,

I think you can only filter by the resource fields available in the event subscription API. So for the Document resource, the 'groups' field would be the only one that could meet your use case. So your query would look like this.

{"objCode": "DOCU",

"eventType": "CREATE",

"url": "https://eventfilter.yourendpoint.com",

"authToken": "EauthTokenWorkfrontRocks1234_",

"filters": [

{

"fieldName": "groups",

"fieldValue": "IDxsfdsfasfsafafvalue"

}

}

Whenever a document is added to a project, it is automatically associated with the project's group ID. However having said that, 'groups' is a collection and i'm not sure in what circumstances Workfront would associate a document with more than one group. If / when there is a scenario when there is more than one group, i'm not sure whether this would meet the filter criteria of your event subscription - some testing needed I think!

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 10

Thanks for the response Rich. I didn't think that there is a group associated with the document itself when querying for DOCU via API so I thought I can't use that. I'll give this a whirl and see whether it could work.