Expand my Community achievements bar.

E-mail Notification about Approval

Level 10
Hi all, We just found some issue with e-mail notification in Workfront. In E-mails setup - Notification, we've got set up as Active to get e-mail notification that task has been approve or rejected. (attached screen shot of settings). For some reason Workfront has not been sending any e-mail notification about it. has anyone had the same issue? Or someone has any idea why it doesn't work properly ? Thanks, Dagmara
7 Replies

Level 8
Hi Dagmara, I believe that even if you have the notification set to active, users still have the ability to deselect them from their settings area so that may be why their not getting the notification.

Level 10
Hi Mohini, We have checked it and tried it. And unfortunately it still doesn't seem to work properly.

Level 8
Interesting . I can't think of another reason why it wouldn't work.

Level 7
We don't have this notification turned on, but I went into Preview to test it and the email was sent appropriately. I would do a couple of quick tests 1. do some other activity where this same user should receive a notification and confirm that works. 2. go to that user's settings and confirm (again) that that specific email setting is checked. 3. Do a specific test case where that same user should receive the email in question and see immediately if they received the notification. If not, I think you'll have to get WF support involved, because like I said, the notification worked for me. Good luck.

Level 10
Hi Greg, From which point of view you were trying it ? We want the Project Owner to get notification that task on his project being approved. If so, which settings are you using for it ?

Level 7
Oh, well that's not what the email notification is for. That email notification is to notify the person who COMPLETED the TASK that it's been approved. I don't see one that notifies the project owner. You could activate the email notification to notify the project owner of all tasks that have been completed, but they'd get a notification every time EVERY task was completed, not just those that had an approval on them.

Level 10
Right, thanks Greg. So another way around it - if any Project Owner wanted to be notified about a task being approved, they would have to assigned them to that task as well,