Expand my Community achievements bar.

Notification to project owner when task percent complete updated

Employee

Our project tasks are defined at very high level, meaning each task typically runs for several weeks. As a project owner, I manage several projects. I tell task owners to update percent complete each week on each of my projects. I (project owner) want to get notified when task owners updates percent complete for their tasks. That notification will tell me a notification to me about progress without going to individual tasks. Ideally I want a notification that says "Progress of task X1 on project X got updated from 10% to 25% by person A". Is there a functionality in Workfront that supports that? I tried variety of notification types, but could not achieve what I want.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

These get you there partially, as in you'd see when it's complete but not when it changes to any other % other than 100. These may be off in your instance and therefore not an option to opt in or out of in you own profile:

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1725388870009.png

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1725388918102.png

If you have Fusion, I'm sure this could be a scenario (notify project owner when task % in projects you own changes). 
If you don't have Fusion, and neither notification helps, try a journal entry report to see if you can isolate task % complete changes on projects you own.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 7

consider below using fusion 

- Create a new Scenario> Trigger Module -  Watch Record Updates > Configure Trigger module for task, field to watch/trigger > add search module to find project owner and project owner id /email address > Add email module > Configure email module