Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Document Version report won't show all proofs with title

Level 4

Hello!  I have Document Version (Proof approval) report that is filtered to show proofs with a specific title.  The report only show a few proofs instead of everything, and on top of that, it shows me all version of grouped by the status instead of the current version, which I've also set up in the filters. I can't seem to figure out why some are showing and some aren't and why I'm seeing all versions instead of just the current version.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Community Advisor

So are these the filters you already have that aren't presenting the results you expect? I'd try using file name contains instead of equal in case any don't follow the name exactly...

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1704406757710.png

Only other thought is maybe do you have an additional filter for if the proof is pending and you're wanting to show proofs that aren't in a pending state?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 4

Those are exactly the filters I'm using, but they're not bringing up all the proofs I need.  Originally, we were going to use three different proof name styles but when the report didn't work right with a filter that matched the proof name, I made everyone use one name style and the report still doesn't work right.  It only pulls a few proofs, but not everything. I was thinking it could be because the original file name wasn't matching the filter, but I haven't been able to confirm.

Community Advisor

Just curious, if you remove the 'is current version' filter and just have a filter for the proof file name contains X, does it pull them in? Wondering if the breakdown is the current version or proof name. Depending which it is, you can eliminate the other one and add filters to help hone in on the ones you want (like entry timeframe, created by, etc.) to at least get you closer to the results you're looking for?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 4

Tried that as well, all proofs will show but it also shows each version of each proof and the approval status it was last at. For example, if a proof had final approval on version 6, I'll see that and then the previous 5 versions in their last approval status. I could try adding in a bunch more filters, but this report worked perfectly last year and I'm unwilling to let it go without figuring out why.