Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Display just the last expense for a project in a report

Level 2

We are currently tracking costing in our expense module for each project. I would like to build a report that shows me the last expense record only per project. Can I filter to show only 1 line item per project?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Tammy - Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't think there is an option to limit the amount of items displayed in a collection. I know the community has found some workarounds for tasks due to some addition filters you can put in the IF statement. But that won't work with the expense object type.

The only thing I can think of is maybe you do a collection of Not Billed expenses. Kind of show what still needs to be billed to the client. (Of course, that only works if you are using billing records).

Anyways, at least replying to bring this back to the top in case someone does have a better solution. 😎

Also, not sure if you want to submit an idea in the Innovation Lab, but if you do, let us know and we can all upvote it!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Tammy - Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't think there is an option to limit the amount of items displayed in a collection. I know the community has found some workarounds for tasks due to some addition filters you can put in the IF statement. But that won't work with the expense object type.

The only thing I can think of is maybe you do a collection of Not Billed expenses. Kind of show what still needs to be billed to the client. (Of course, that only works if you are using billing records).

Anyways, at least replying to bring this back to the top in case someone does have a better solution. 😎

Also, not sure if you want to submit an idea in the Innovation Lab, but if you do, let us know and we can all upvote it!