Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Display Comma Delimited Custom String List to Line Separated

Level 10

I have a custom field list called "Managers" that lists calculated data as:

Bob, Mary, Sue

I want to display this data as:

Bob

Mary

Sue

I tried this via a simple HTML substitution, but that doesn't work:

displayname=Managers

textmode=true

valueexpression=REPLACE({DE:Managers},", ","<br>")

valueformat=HTML

The "<br>" displays as text instead of being seen as code:

Bob<br>Mary<br>Sue

Any ideas/tips?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kevin,

For me, this was more a case of "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all", but since you asked twice:

"Nope"

With the exception of hyperlinks, As Designed, Workfront lists strip out all of the html special characters that would otherwise allow such "new line" breaks (e.g. <br>, <p>, <div>, \r\l, etc.)...or at least, all of those I've tried multiple times, over time.

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

erm... is this a multi-select dropdown list? (sorry, didn't understand the sentence about listing calculated data, at all...)

Level 10

No, just data in a custom field. The calculated field is just set up to output the names with comma+space between them as a string.

Level 10

It's unusual for y'all to be so quiet, so maybe I need to re-word my question:

I have a custom field that has a string of data separated by commas…

Joe, Sarah, Peter, Jane

But in reports, I have a request to display the data one per line, using the comma as a delimiter, to make it easier to read:

Joe

Sarah

Peter

Jane

Is there a way to use calculations/manipulations/tricks to make this happen?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Kevin,

For me, this was more a case of "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all", but since you asked twice:

"Nope"

With the exception of hyperlinks, As Designed, Workfront lists strip out all of the html special characters that would otherwise allow such "new line" breaks (e.g. <br>, <p>, <div>, \r\l, etc.)...or at least, all of those I've tried multiple times, over time.

Regards,

Doug