Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Descriptions aren't showing in a report

Level 4

I have a report that shows requested projects and the descriptions. The descriptions column is supposed to show up to 140 characters and then a message directing the user to open the project to see more after the 140 characters. It all of a sudden will not show any of the project descriptions or the message. Any ideas why?

4 Replies

Level 10

Did it work before? Can you paste your text mode code here?

Level 4

Yes, it was working fine until last week. Code is:

displayname=Description

linkedname=direct

namekey=Briefly Describe this Project.

querysort=DE:Briefly Describe this Project.

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(LEN({DE:Briefly Describe this Project})>140, CONCAT(SUBSTR({DE:Briefly Describe this Project},0,139),"... (open request for more)"), {DE:Briefly Describe this Project})

valuefield=Briefly Describe this Project.

valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

Community Advisor

Sorry to state the obvious but that's where I always start. 1) Most of the time, if you change the name of the field, you will break the code.

2) Occasionally a report will also stop working for no reason (Workfront calls this "the report got corrupted"). You can test for this by creating the report again from scratch -- just create another report and copy/paste the column into it, and if the column starts working again you will know your report "got corrupted".

I would double check the field name first though.

Level 4

There was a missing period in the value expression and now it's working. Thanks for your time and help!