Expand my Community achievements bar.

Deleting Update Comments - has this option been taken away?

Level 6

I used to be able to delete update comments as an Admin but I'm not seeing that as an option anymore. Has this changed? This is really needed. I'm not sure why it would be taken away. I'm using Classic but I also switched over to the NE and I couldn't do it there either.

3 Replies

Level 3

Hello Maria,

This has actually always been locked down so that only the user who created the comment would be able to delete it, even at the system admin level. More information on this can be found in this article under the 'Delete an update or reply' heading. If the user who made the comment is not able to delete the comment and their access level allows them to, then please open a support case and we can take a closer look at this.

Hope this helps explain the behavior.

Level 6

We logged in as the person who created the comment and tried it and it is still not working. I also made sure 'Never allow users to delete comments' is not checked. Should I contact my support person directly?

Level 3

Maria,

I've submitted a case on your behalf. On the case I asked for some additional information that will help us to better troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks again