Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Custom Note Report: Total by Document Version Name Contains "text"

Level 3

Can anyone help guide me on how to create a note report for proof comments by the document version name where that note/comment lives? The reports I have built so far seem to all show the total comments on each document, and sometimes I want to know how many comments were on any documents containing "_IR" based on our naming conventions to see which proofs have the most issues at initial review. 

I have the report grouped by document name right now to see the total number by document, and then a chart using that grouping to see the worst offenders overall, but it would be nice to be able to get more granular and see how many comments by specific versions.

Current prompts I am using:

Filtered By:
Note Text contains Proof Comment
Prompts Selected:
and Note Text any
and Task Name any
and Owner Role ID any
and Document Name any
and Entry Date any
and Project ID any
AndrewGr1_1-1706642874158.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't believe you can do this. Probably the closest thing you might be able to try is an exists statement that locates any document version containing "_IR" and only reports all the notes on it (I haven't tried this but the join might be the doc version's documentID is equal to the note's documentID). In other words, filter in only the versions you are looking for. You could continue to group this by the document name to make your chart.

This might not be what you want, since if there are two IR versions in any document, the proof comments on both would still come out under the same document name.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I don't believe you can do this. Probably the closest thing you might be able to try is an exists statement that locates any document version containing "_IR" and only reports all the notes on it (I haven't tried this but the join might be the doc version's documentID is equal to the note's documentID). In other words, filter in only the versions you are looking for. You could continue to group this by the document name to make your chart.

This might not be what you want, since if there are two IR versions in any document, the proof comments on both would still come out under the same document name.