Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Requestor Limited Access to Projects & Tasks???

Level 5

Hi all,

Does anyone who what the limitations are for Requestor licences within Projects / Tasks. My understanding was they have no access to these, but the Experience League page says they can limited access to Tasks. The WF Set Up area has Projects and Tasks as limited with no other options. If it were completely closed it should state no access right?

Thanks

Matt

MattWindsor_0-1706711478097.png 

MattWindsor_1-1706711577165.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MattWindsor - They have the ability to view tasks in a project, just aren't able to edit / work on tasks. 

Sometimes what I find helpful is creating test users in the system, might depend if your instance is on admin console or not, and assigning them the different access levels to see the experience (what they can/can't do) from that vantage point (you might already being doing that though). 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @MattWindsor - They have the ability to view tasks in a project, just aren't able to edit / work on tasks. 

Sometimes what I find helpful is creating test users in the system, might depend if your instance is on admin console or not, and assigning them the different access levels to see the experience (what they can/can't do) from that vantage point (you might already being doing that though). 

Level 5

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for this. I've been doing a bit of testing, but I can't make the tasks visible to the Requestor in the project I'm using. Do you know if there's a setting that needs to be turned on for this?

And when is says view the task, does that mean they should be able to see everything within the task, e.g., comments documents?

I'm just not sure my testing is showing me everything.

Thanks again

Matt

Level 5

Hi again, don't worry I get this now. They can't see the list of tasks, but if they're sent the URL to the Task, they can then see comments / documents / details and something else.

Or they could search for the task name, and get there that way.

Would be nice if they could see the list of tasks though. If they needed access to many tasks within a project; to have to be sent the URL's or search for them is a bit of a hassle.

Thanks for you help.

Matt