Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Custom Forms with approvals

Level 2
I have a custom form in a request queue and based on the selection a user takes on a certain field I would like to set a certain approval process. For example I have 6 different possible approval processes created and depending on what selection a user picks in a dropdown list I would like to link a certain approval process to the issue request? Anyone know if this is possible?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 7

I don't think you can do it from a certain value from a field within a custom form, but it looks like you can do that from a Queue Topic. I'm wondering if there is some way you can turn the custom field options into queue topics instead and use that to determine the approval?0690z000007ZkgPAAS.jpg

Level 2
It appears not, I tried a number of things, it looks as though I can use approvals attached to a custom form but I will not be able to send automatic reminders if the approver does not appove. Thanks Sean

Level 10
You'll have to setup unique queue topics to take advantage of any of the following: Unique custom form, routing rule, default duration, default approval.

Level 10
I'm with Narayan. The Queue Topics and Topic groups are the way to go so you can setup different approvals and/or auto assign. One thing that does annoy me about them is that the first one has to be the name of the of the project. (Meaning you can't have the first drop down be "Pick the Client", it will be "New Project Request Queue". Luckily when our users look at the drop down, they know it is the client the new project is for, but it is an annoying thing to keep in mind).