Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom form in request only shows for some users

Level 2

We have a custom form set up in a request. The request queue project, the form, and all of the form fields are shared with the same users. And those users all have the same license/access. However, the form fields are not displaying for everyone when they try to submit a request. For some users, the title of the form displays, but none of the fields. For other users, the entire form displays. Thoughts?

13 Replies

Level 2

Hi DarcySm, 

Take a look at the custom form settings to make sure that user has access to the form. That is what has happened to me in the past. 

Level 2

Yes, they have access to the form as well as all of the fields within the form.

Community Advisor

Hi @DarcySm - Are there sections breaks on the custom form? Section breaks can have view and edit permissions set, which might be the case here if all other permission sections are good to go.

Community Advisor

Screenshot 2023-08-25 113030.png

We don't share our forms with anyone. All you need in order for the form to be visible on a queue is for it to be visible system-wide. This is especially true if the form doesn't have any subtitles in it. Similarly, field sharing is inherited from the form, so to make your life easier, you should just leave this setting alone.

Level 2

That didn't work either. It was set that way. Then I added the sharing when it wasn't working. Made no difference.

Community Advisor

are you a system admin? Are you able to replicate the issue when logged in as them? 

Community Advisor

I would recommend resetting the sharing back to the way it was. Try resetUser and if that doesn’t work just call in to the helpdesk. If users are the same as each other and are seeing different things this is more a helpdesk issue. 

Community Advisor

This is a reach but have these users cleared their cache in a while? Typically users seeing different things with the same exact settings and everything means a caching issue. Try having one of them open up the request queue/form in an incognito window and see if they have same experience. If it works there, they need to clear their cache. And they’re not using IE right? Explorer is no longer supported.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

This is a good suggestion (so simple, but I never remember to check the cache). And no, not IE. All using Chrome.

Community Advisor

Let me know if it works!

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Turns out one of the users who was having issues had cleared her cache the day before because of something else. So, for her at least, that didn't seem to be the issue. I ended up just recreating the form and that worked. Not sure what might have been different about the original that it caused problems.