Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Form Data in Project Dashboard

Level 3

I'm looking to take information from a very long custom form and pair it down according to what each team requires. For example, Web team will only need to see the web specs/details, Printing team will only need to see printing specs/details, Social team.... etc. This is all captured in one form for the sake of simplicity for the requestor but becomes too much to sort through when it comes to the individual teams to execute.

I know I need to build a report, and then a dashboard to add to the project but I'm having trouble building the report to bring in the info I need. Has anyone done anything similar that would be willing to share their report settings or can anyone suggest the proper fields to add to pull specific data in from the custom form? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

If you only want people to see custom form info relevant to them, it sounds like you should make a dashboard for a report for each team that pulls the fields you need. If you have distinct fields for each team in the custom form field, you can pull any of those in a report to show...I may not be understanding your question here.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

Thanks @Madalyn_Destafney. I do want it specific to the team but also specific to the project. I wasn't sure if I was going about building the report right and was wondering if anyone has already done something similar that would be willing to share what they had done. I'm currently pulling in every individual field on the custom form that would pertain to a specific team in to a report. Does that sound correct or is there an easier way to achieve this?

Level 5

@Madalyn_Destafney once the report & dashboard are built, how do you then add the dashboard to a project?

Community Advisor

If you have a dashboard that you want to show in every project's left nav, you click 'Add Dashboard' from any project at the very bottom of the left nav panel in a project. Note when you do this, it'll add that dashboard for every project you're in.

MadalynD_0-1676386323116.png

If you have your users on specific layout templates, you could add a respective dashboard from their layout template in the Project area of the layout template so that X users see A dashboard in their projects, Y users on a different layout see B dashboard in their projects. Up to what makes sense for you.

If the dashboard isn't project specific and you just really need to share a dashboard with users, I'd recommend just sharing the dashboard with them and they could pin or favorite it, doesn't necessarily need to be in the project left nav.

Level 5

Ah, it's in the Layout Template, I see it now, thank you. I was looking in our workflow template area, thinking that I would add it to a workflow/project template the same way I'd add a custom form.

In our case, the dashboard should be seen by all of users when inside a project, so we'll probably be adding it to their layout template.

Very helpful, thanks!

Community Advisor

No problem! Go ahead and mark that answer correct if that helped to help others in future : )