Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Creative Services Workflow

Level 1
I just joined the organization and given the responsbility of implementing a workflow for the Creative Services Team in WF (WorkFront). The Workfront is already set up with templates, portofiolios and programs. However the way the person who originally took on the project doesn't make any sense to me. I'm trying to accomplish a set up that allows projects that only has one task and doesnt have several deliverables to be on it's own. So this is what i was thinking. Create a portofio titled Creative Requests for intake projects that are on off. Then under that portfolio create tasks for each reques that comes in. For request that comes in which requires several deliverables we'll make it into a project with a schedule that lists all the tasks/deliverables needed. To me that make the most sense and if any issues arises we'll create a issue to monitor and solve the problem. Right now the person who orignally set up WF had all intake request that comes through fall under a Creative Team Portfolio but having those tasks created as an ISSUE. So each task is listed as an ISSUE for the one off project. Which to me doesn't make any sense. Anyone can provide any feedback on this and let me know if what I'm saying make any sense? Thanks
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 2
Hi Tammy! I am not cleared on why you would create task as an issue. might be little confusing. From what you described your process, maybe this process might help you get some direction. The request submit a request using a custom intake form that you created. That entry intake will serve as an "issue" when comes to you (PM) PM takes on that issue and convert the issue to a project or task depending on the scale of the request. Within your project, there are different tasks depending on the type of request by using your templates. The PM assigns to the contributors (designer, developer, etc.) and completes the project. Once the PM completes the project, the "issue" from the original request will automatically set to "resolved" status. you can set different program or portofolio depending on your company function. hope this helps.

Level 1
Hi Maggie: Someone who originally started the wF for our marketing team prior to me joining set it as a issues which like you I am Confuse as to why they did that it makes no sense to me at all. I am on the same boat as you to create an intake form and have the Request comes through there. If it's just a one off project convert that request to a task and if it's a request that has several deliverables convert it to a project with a schedule that has several tasks tied to it until all the deliverables are done. Thanks, Tammy Sent from my iPhone On May 20, 2016, at 2:36 PM, Maggie Talierco > wrote: Hi Tammy! I am not cleared on why you would create task as an issue. might be little confusing. From what you described your process, maybe this process might help you get some direction. The request submit a request using a custom intake form that you created. That entry intake will serve as an "issue" when comes to you (PM) PM takes on that issue and convert the issue to a project or task depending on the scale of the request. Within your project, there are different tasks depending on the type of request by using your templates. The PM assigns to the contributors (designer, developer, etc.) and completes the project. Once the PM completes the project, the "issue" from the original request will automatically set to "resolved" status. you can set different program or portofolio depending on your company function. hope this helps. -----End Original Message-----