Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Can Proofing Workflows dynamically pull in Custom Form data

Level 1

Is there a way to pull in users from a custom form created field in a Workfront project to a proofing workflow in the proofing tool?  Or do all users in a proofing workflow have to be manually added when creating the workflow?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 7

Can you expand a bit on your question?

When you say users from a custom form, what specifically do you mean?  

If you mean that the user would be provided a field in which they could type any name in the world - I don't think that would work - I do not think Proof HQ will have access to data in custom forms.

I am not aware of a custom form field which will provide a user with a list of system users.

I think the general idea with proofing workflows is that you have several created for different scenarios and when the proof is created you apply it.  Maybe you end up with slightly different versions of the same thing.  You always have the ability to add or remove people from the workflow once you apply the template.

Level 1

@richard_carlson Thank you for reaching out and responding.  I have a custom form attached to all our templates where we can indicate the marketing and product line experts that will also have to review and approve all advertising assets created. Someone on my team wanted the proofing workflow to pull that name from that field, automatically into the proofing workflow.  I assumed that since the proofing tool and the Workfront tool are two separate data sources, it can't be done, but wanted to confirm before I stood by my assumption.

And we definitely will have several different proofing workflows based on the team the proof has to go to.  And by several I mean A LOT!  HAA!  I think they were trying to find a shortcut in creating the workflows.

Thank you for your help and speedy response.