Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating client quotes from Workfront

Level 3

Hi agency peeps!

Do any of you use Workfront to create client quotes? I am thinking Project name, description then creating the number of hours x billing rate per job role and export it in a presentable pdf format that could be sent straight to the client.

If anyone is currently doing this successfully and would be happy to share information, I'd be really grateful.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Yes, we provide our business partners with a tactic menu, it's basically just an export of our template list. It gives template name (which is the tactic type) total business days, total hours, and total cost.

We've also set them up with a dashboard and the very first report is a document report which pulls from a project that we have just for storing SOP and the like type of documentation. We have 3 documents that we felt were most important for them which are attached to tasks that pull into that report. The tactic menu is one of those documents so it's alway handy right there at the top of their dashboard.

Level 10

Hi Lucinda,

I invite you to consider our Estimate/Invoice solution which allows you to efficiently tailor and create a branded, auto-numbered, professional estimate and/or invoice, driving directly off a project’s planned tasks and expenses, then save it to PDF.

Regards,

Doug

Level 3

Consider developing a service catalog to provide transparency on pricing (and be clear about what might drive pricing up, e.g., x revision cycles, y words of copy). It will help manage expectations as you interact with clients. Of course, this requires you to start tracking costs by type of project and develop standard pricing. Workfront metrics can help with this.