Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Report where child tasks are shown and grouped by the parent task

Level 1

I'm new to Workfront and I'm trying to find a way to show all the In Progress or New parent tasks in all In Progress projects, with the child tasks showing below the parent tasks. Is this possible? The purpose of this report is for my team to see all the WIP projects and tasks (parent and child) that are either in progress or completed in a certain period of time. For this, I figured, I can use a date prompt to choose the entry and planned completion dates of the tasks. However, I'm having a hard time showing both the parent and child tasks in the same report. I still don't know how to create text mode reporting, but I'd appreciate any guidance and instructions on how to do it. Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 5

Hi @rineygreys 

Welcome  

Try this: 
Create a task report and 

• add columns for parent task
  • group it by project
  • filter to
    • project status=CUR
    • task status = (fill in what you need)
  • add a prompt for entryDate and plannedCompletionDate

In a report you have to specify the grouping manually

You could also try to create a filter and view for the Task view on the project. E.g. filtering by status keeps the parent-child task display intact.

Level 2

I would definitely create a Task type report (with maybe below similar filters and groupings).

Hope this helps! You can modify the filters further more accurately to pull the desired results.

SrinijaNa2_1-1729771540474.png

SrinijaNa2_0-1729771494305.png