Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Compose a formula for a calculated field based on values selected in Radio Buttons in Workfront

Employee

In Workfront:

We have two radio buttons with the following selections

Radio button 1 is for REACH

High 90-100%

Medium 50-90%

Small 0-50%

Radio button 2 is for IMPACT

High 80-100%

Medium 40-80%

Small reach 0-40%

We need a calculated field to compute the SCORE by multiplying the numerical equivalent of each Radio Button selections.

High = 5

Med = 3

Small = 1

For example, if High is selected in the first Radio button and Med in the second, we need a formula for the Calculated Field called SCORE to compute similar to this:

HIGH is selected in the first and High equals to numerical value 5

MED is selected in the second radio button and Med equals to numerical value of 3

5 * 3 = 15 (15 should display in the SCORE Calculated FIeld

THE SCORE Calculated field will be included in future Reports and Dashboards.

Can we have a formula lin the SCORE Calculated field like this?  If so, what is the correct Syntax.

=(if HIGH is selected in Radio button 1, then 5 else if MED is selected in Radio Button 1, then 3, else if Small is selected in Radio Button 1 then 1, else 0) * (if HIGH is selected in Radio button 2, then 5 else if MED is selected in Radio Button 2 then 3, else if Small is selected in Radio Button 2 then 1, else 0) 

Thank  you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

A calculated data expression along the lines of the following should do the trick:

PROD(IF({DE:REACH}="High 90-100%",5,IF({DE:REACH}="Medium 50-90%",3,IF({DE:REACH}="Small 0-50%",1,0))),IF({DE:IMPACT}="High 80-100%",5,IF({DE:IMPACT}="Medium 40-80%",3,IF({DE:IMPACT}="Small 0-40%",1,0))))

Make sure that you set the format of the calulated field to number, to ensure that the data can be aggregated appropriately in reports/dashboards.

Let me know if this works for you.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

A calculated data expression along the lines of the following should do the trick:

PROD(IF({DE:REACH}="High 90-100%",5,IF({DE:REACH}="Medium 50-90%",3,IF({DE:REACH}="Small 0-50%",1,0))),IF({DE:IMPACT}="High 80-100%",5,IF({DE:IMPACT}="Medium 40-80%",3,IF({DE:IMPACT}="Small 0-40%",1,0))))

Make sure that you set the format of the calulated field to number, to ensure that the data can be aggregated appropriately in reports/dashboards.

Let me know if this works for you.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Employee

I just had a chance to test this.

It works GREAT.

THANK YOU!