Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Column view showing documents in template report

Level 3

Is there a way to add a column view that will list out the documents that are saved in a project template? I created a template report and have it filtered to only show templates were it has documents, but is there a way to get the view to list the names of those documents?

Also, is there a way to show is the project template has document folders? And a column view that will show the names of these document folders if they are in the project template?

THANK YOU!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

I think I can help you with the first part.  Documents are a collection under the Template object, so you could show the names of the documents with this:

displayname=Template Documents
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(documents).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valuefield=name
valueformat=HTML

However, it also looks like Folders are a collection under the Documents object, so I'm not sure there's a way to show them in the same report (others might know, but I can't think of a way).

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

I think I can help you with the first part.  Documents are a collection under the Template object, so you could show the names of the documents with this:

displayname=Template Documents
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(documents).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valuefield=name
valueformat=HTML

However, it also looks like Folders are a collection under the Documents object, so I'm not sure there's a way to show them in the same report (others might know, but I can't think of a way).