Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Posting rich text note via API

Level 5

I'm using Fusion to post notes to timesheet objects within Fusion.  At the moment, I'm using /attask/api/v16.0/NOTE to push plain-formatted notes, but want to upgrade those to rich text.

I've seen the instructions at https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/adobe-workfront-api/api-general-information/...but cannot figure out how to translate those to the NOTE object.

I've also grabbed the XHR requests made by the Workfront UI and have been able to reproduce using that -- however, I'd much prefer to NOT use something like this since it's a private API and "fragile" as a result.  It does indicate that doing this is possible, though.

Can someone guide me on how to best achieve a rich text note from the API?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

When creating a note object in Fusion, use the "create record" module and choose the NOTE object type. Then in your field mapping make sure you select "html" instead of "note text". Note text will only allow plain text, but with the html field, you can add html tags into your text to format it appropriately.

So using the following into the html field of the create record module:

Hey cverges-medallia,<br><br>You have an <b>assignment</b> that you <i>need to work on</i>.  <br><br>Hope you are well.  <ul><li>Thing 1</li><li>Thing 2</li><li>Thing 3</li></ul>

Would return the following:

Screenshot 2023-07-20 163150.jpg

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Rich. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

When creating a note object in Fusion, use the "create record" module and choose the NOTE object type. Then in your field mapping make sure you select "html" instead of "note text". Note text will only allow plain text, but with the html field, you can add html tags into your text to format it appropriately.

So using the following into the html field of the create record module:

Hey cverges-medallia,<br><br>You have an <b>assignment</b> that you <i>need to work on</i>.  <br><br>Hope you are well.  <ul><li>Thing 1</li><li>Thing 2</li><li>Thing 3</li></ul>

Would return the following:

Screenshot 2023-07-20 163150.jpg

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Level 5

Thank you!  I see that.  One related question -- what's the difference between a NOTE and an UPDATE?  In Fusion, I see that NOTE has html but UPDATE doesn't.

Community Advisor

I'm not sure about the update object, I haven't used it. Hopefully someone else in the community can chip in here. 

Community Advisor

out of curiosity I did run API call to create an update and basically it's the same as note.

Seeing that configuration for update is extremly limited in GUI (only 4 fields), I'm guessing it's some legacy object type that was superseded by Note, which comes with many more functions

Level 10

Hello,

although this is answered already, I just recognized, that you can create an update containing rich text using Workfront itself and after posting click on the three dots to copy the whole body text.

Posting this using Fusion you will get another formatted update.

Level 10

I just saw, that the formatted text is only shown if "Commenting Beta" is activated...