Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to filter out users without Planned hours in Utilization View

Level 2

Hi Community,

I’m trying to filter out users without planned hours or who has worked on the project in past, but the user is no longer on the project as shown in screenshot below, unfortunately this filter does not seems to be working. Any idea on how to get this work so that I can only see users with active planned hours?

seeing users who have worked on the project in past and they are no longer in the project showing up in the view is very annoying to users, 

Thank for your input and help.

MeshackOm1_0-1718407547491.png

5 Replies

Community Advisor

You should be able to hit the add filter option and type in planned hours. Then set it to greater than 0.

KellieGardner_0-1718640821808.png

Level 2

thanks @KellieGardner  for your input. I did that, unfortunately, is not filtering correctly and is still pulling resources who are not on the project with zero planned hours - please screenshot below.

MeshackOm1_0-1718642443098.png

Community Advisor

I believe this is similar to running a report in resource planner. While the users don't have hours within the time frame you are viewing (June) at some point they did or will have hours on the project. Is there planned hours showing in your "overall" section of the report?

KellieGardner_0-1718643556826.png

Level 2

Thanks again @KellieGardner . The resources don't have planned hours at all on the project, in short they are not assigned to any task on the project. They worked on the project in the past, that is why Workfront is showing the history. Now is zero planned hours for the entire duration of the project as shown in screenshot. 

MeshackOm1_0-1718644238299.png

Community Advisor

On every project I've tested this on in my instance it filters out all instances where planned hours equal to zero except when the user has logged actual hours. 

I couldn't find any that exactly explains it in the documentation but the general concept of the report is that it allows you to view the progress, cost, or revenue of a project, program, or portfolio in a single report. You can also compare revenue against cost. My assumption would be that because it's comparing cost and there are actual hours that contribute towards the projects actuals it's not filtering them out.