Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Chart report grouped by project owner home team name

Level 7

I think I know the answer to this, but wanted to query the masses:

I have a project report that we're trying to present as a pie chart with each wedge representing the project owner's home team. The pie shows the home team ID, but, of course, that means nothing to a human. So we updated the text mode to no avail. Then I went to basics and added a column, updated the text mode, and (here's what's telling to me) I can't select the column as a grouping.

Is there a way to get the grouping to show the team name?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Lyndsy,

This is super annoying, right! I come across this all the time, you would think that team name would be available when reporting on most objects but alas, only the ID is present!

The way to overcome this is to create a custom form and attach it to each of your users. Within that form, create a calculated field that will pull in their Home Team Name using the calculation "{homeTeam}.{name}". This field will then be available when building reports and you can use it for groupings/charts etc. 

I also do this for Home Group Name for the exact same reason. 

Best Regards,
Rich. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Lyndsy,

This is super annoying, right! I come across this all the time, you would think that team name would be available when reporting on most objects but alas, only the ID is present!

The way to overcome this is to create a custom form and attach it to each of your users. Within that form, create a calculated field that will pull in their Home Team Name using the calculation "{homeTeam}.{name}". This field will then be available when building reports and you can use it for groupings/charts etc. 

I also do this for Home Group Name for the exact same reason. 

Best Regards,
Rich. 

Level 7

I knew someone would have a hack—thank you! Guess I need to get to work! Fortunately I only need to attached this to planners since the report intends to call upon project owner home teams.

Community Advisor

Great idea here! I don't even have an immediate use for this but going to add to my existing user custom form that pulls something else bc I can see me using Home Team Name in a report grouping. 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )