Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Bulk Edit Task Name

Level 1

Is there a way to bulk edit Task Name in Workfront? I've grouped the project by task name and tried to bulk edit all tasks with the same name but it doesn't allow me to edit the name of the task - just description, status, etc.Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 9.45.21 AM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, unfortunately I don't think it's possible. Best bet if you're trying to rename all of them to the same new name and they don't have any activity in them yet, is to delete the tasks, create new one with your new name and you could set up as a recurring task to automatically create 50 of them or whatever you specify. Or you can create one and then copy them to the same project (copy the 1, then copy the 2, then copy the 3, to build them faster).

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, unfortunately I don't think it's possible. Best bet if you're trying to rename all of them to the same new name and they don't have any activity in them yet, is to delete the tasks, create new one with your new name and you could set up as a recurring task to automatically create 50 of them or whatever you specify. Or you can create one and then copy them to the same project (copy the 1, then copy the 2, then copy the 3, to build them faster).

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )