Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Changing planned completion date on an issue after it has been converted to a project

Level 7

We need to keep our issue connected to the project after it has been converted. The problem we are experiencing is the issue shows as overdue because the connected project is still open. However, technically the issue has been resolved because it is now a project.

Our users are unable to change the planned completion date on the issue because WF will not let them. I can as an Admin. However, we need the people who are working the issue to be able to do so.

Is there a way to make this happen and still have the issue tied to the project when it is converted?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I don't know that it has anything to do with converted requests. It sounds more like your users are only set to "contribute" to a request, as opposed to "manage" it. Have you considered changing their sharing settings, or maybe configure your requests so that anyone assigned to one will have manage access?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

I don't know that it has anything to do with converted requests. It sounds more like your users are only set to "contribute" to a request, as opposed to "manage" it. Have you considered changing their sharing settings, or maybe configure your requests so that anyone assigned to one will have manage access?

Level 7

I didn't even think of this. You were so right. That was the issue. Thank you.

Employee Advisor

@MarlaDr If the issue has been converted to a project, how come users are still needing to work on the issue? Shouldn't all work take place on the converted project?

If these issues are showing as late / overdue, you could apply a filter to your view or report so that only issues that have not been converted appear as a result to avoid any confusion. 

Level 7

The filter is a great idea. However, they still get a notification email stating the request/issue is overdue. They do not want to get those automatic notifications.