Expand my Community achievements bar.

Limiting Tasks in a Task Report

Level 1

Hi all! I am working on a report for a team showing all of the tasks assigned to that team. I'd like to limit the number of tasks shown per project so that, regardless of if the task is ready to start or not, it shows the next task the team will work on for that project. 

Is this possible? Ideally, when the team marks the task they're working on to 100%, the next task that is assigned to them on that project will appear on the report. 

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

@KellyHa3 If all of the tasks in your project list have predecessors associated, then if you filtered your report by those that were Ready to Start, only one would appear at a time. If you eliminate the filter for Ready to Start, all assigned tasks would appear - as you are noticing, so curious as to the reason why you are wanting to leave that filter off? Do you not have predecessors associated with each task? 

Level 8

Even if all tasks had predecessors, it wouldn't necessarily mean they're all exactly sequential. Many of our templates have 'Client Signs SOW' as a step, and once it's complete it unblocks multiple others for example. I get similar requests to Kelly's from my team, either 'the next thing up' or 'the most recently completed'. I don't suppose Product has ever considered 'max' or 'min' as options within filter building?  

Employee Advisor

Apologies for the second reply - the Edit button wasn't working on my original response. Another option would be to apply a date range filter for tasks that are due in the next week, for example, so that not everything appears at once.