Expand my Community achievements bar.

Changing default sorting / grouping on My Work

Level 2
Is there a way to change the default from "My Priority" to "Projects". It keeps reverting back depending on which browser I use. And I can't find the option in a layout template. Thanks! Dustan Holland Novant Health
9 Replies

Level 3
Dustan - If you are meaning My Projects when clicking on the Projects global navigation at the top, unfortunately no. It would be nice to choose the default tab for sure. I would have it set to All Projects. Shelly Long, PMP, CSSGB Traffic Manager Pier 1 Imports 817.252.8563 srlong@pier1.com If your request can be made in Workfront, please do not send an email.

Level 10
Hi Dustan, This issue is a pet grievance of mine. I've already raised it as a feature request in the Ideas Exchange. Please add your vote here:

Level 1
I use Chrome browser and find the setting does not change! Not sure if this is the same experience for everyone or because I hold the Admin email account? Geoff Daniow MIES Aust & NZ Gerard Lighting

Level 2
I am talking about making this the default in the layout template. It keeps reverting back to "My Priority". Dustan Holland Novant Health

Level 10
Dustin, I am using Google Chrome and mine does not change, ever. I am the system admin for my company and i'm looking to see if there is a way to indicate default. Thanks. Benetta Perry APS

Level 1
Hello everyone! I am happy to tell you all that we are making some great progress on improvements to My Work. Something I am working on today actually is these filters and how they can be configured. Just to clarify the need, everyone here wants the sort and grouping to be configurable in the layout template correct? Something else that we are exploring is ensuring that the sort and grouping will be "sticky" so when you leave My Work and come back you will be taken to exact view you left off at. But..... that would negate the defaults that are set in the layout template because they could always be overridden. Let me know your thoughts. I would love to schedule some time with anyone that is interested to get some feedback on the direction we are headed with the new My Work area. If you are interested please let me know. Also, to calm anyone's worries about changes coming to My Work. We will not be replacing My Work in the 2017.3 release. We are working to making it an opt-in beta that we can use to get loads of feedback before we do replace it some time in 2018. We don't want to disrupt any processes that are in place without making sure we have the same functionality with a much better experience. Thanks everyone for you passion for this and your time. You are all the best! Mike Hall Workfront

Level 10
Hi Mike, Great to hear that work is being done here. I am keen to be involved in any review/beta process! In terms of functionality for sorting/grouping, my preference is for admins to be able to configure it via the Layout Template, but then allow users to change it as required (just like they can already customise their custom tabs etc). However, when a change is made to the Layout Template (or you do a resetUser) then it reverts their sort and groupings back to what is configured in the Layout Template. Hope that makes sense. That is much preferable to leaving it up to users, as 90% of them won't ever change it so I would not want to just let the settings be sticky on their own.....we need admin control of them. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 10
Mike, My vision is the System Admin set the default in the layout template, however, when the user change their filter/view/group - it remains as such. When they exit and return - they should be bought back to their same change - not back to the defaults set by the System Admin. Now if the system admin update the layout template in any way and save it - i can understand in this situation - their filter/view/group reverted back to the system admin's defaults. Thanks. Benetta Perry APS