Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Cannot use Unlocked Project Status in an Approval Process?

Level 2
Has anyone come across this scenario? We're planning to unlock some of the Project Statuses Systems Statuses, so that we can hide them at the Group Level - per "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/226671688-Creating-and-Customizing-Group-Statuses" Creating and Customizing Group Statuses . In my testing, I came across an error stating that one of the statuses couldn't be unlocked because it was being used by an approval process. It was an old test one, but still, this seems like a bug to me. I then went in to the Approval Process in question, and the statuses that I unlocked (not hidden!) at the System Statuses level were not available to select. I have search the Support and Community sites, and find not caveat to that once you unlock a Project Status, it cannot be used in an Approval Process. Does anyone have more information re:this before I contact Workfront Support? Thanks! Peggy Settel Cornell University
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Peggy, I'm not aware of any restriction that would prevent an unlocked status from being used in an approval process, but am curious as to whether you heard anything to the contrary from Workfront. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 7

Same scenario.

We are trying to unlock project status Dead at system level, so that we rename it to Cancelled at group level.

1. This is preventing us to use Cancelled on approval processes (for that specific group)
  2. Preventing us from using Dead on approval processes for all groups because it is unlocked

Level 7

Hello Again,

There is a little trick that I found. This is for group specific approval processes.

When I tried to edit approval process from Setup >> Processes >> Approvals, it doesn't show any custom status set at group level - This is for our group specific approval.

But when I try to edit approval process from Setup >> Group >> Approvals, it started showing me the custom status (in my case Cancelled).

I hope this helps.