Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Calculated field Text Code for Task Type Report

Level 10

Hello to All,

Could you please help to create a calculated field text code to customised field? This customised field needed to use in task report for task statuses.

Done = Status of task (Completed 100%)

Delayed = Task Status (In Progress + New) & Planned completion date < than TODAY

Planned = Task Status (In Progress + New)

What will be the Calculated field text code (in Project / Task type Custom Form)?

0694X00000HEV8uQAH.pngLooking for your guidance in this regard. Sorry I am not much expert in text mode.

Thanking you in advance.

Please refer the attachment.

Mvh

Kundan.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

For something that is looking at a dynamic filter (like less than Today), I normally do not recommend doing a calculated field as the calculations are only done when the task has been edited. My recommendation would be... when you are seriously going to use this pie chart for decision making that you first go to the details tab, select all tasks, and bulk edit clicking the "Recalculate Custom Expression" option first.

The calculation itself is IF(Status="CPL","Done",IF(Planned Completion Date<$$TODAY,"Delayed","Planned"))

For anyone that is interested in using this as a custom column in a report, here is the text mode for that:

displayname=Status of Task

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF({status}="CPL","Done",IF({plannedCompletionDate}<$$TODAY,"Delayed","Planned"))

valueformat=HTML

Level 10

Thanks a lot @Anthony Imgrund‚ .

It works exactly as you mentioned. Also, once again thank you for the suggestion you made.

I agree with.

Have a nice weekend!😊

Mvh

Kundan.