Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Can I send an email or Workfront notification to a select group of users?

Level 2

I would like to send an update to all people with planning licenses, can this be done? Or all workers? We are new to Workfront and there are things I would like to share without updating our Work Instructions, and not all things pertain to all users. Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Amy,

It is possible to send out an announcement from Workfront to a group, team or company (or you can manually specificy the individual user names of people you want to receive the announcement). Take a look at this document here in Workfront One for instructions on how to do this.

Unfortunatley you can't specify recipients by license type. You would either need to manually specify the user names in the announcement, or create a group for them and add this group to the recipient list of the announcement.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Amy,

It is possible to send out an announcement from Workfront to a group, team or company (or you can manually specificy the individual user names of people you want to receive the announcement). Take a look at this document here in Workfront One for instructions on how to do this.

Unfortunatley you can't specify recipients by license type. You would either need to manually specify the user names in the announcement, or create a group for them and add this group to the recipient list of the announcement.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 10

Hi @Amy Zelazny‚

There was explanation from @Richard Leek‚ . Just a small addition, I believe only admin can send notification.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 2

Richard and Kundan - thank you for the replies! Luckily I do have admin rights. The doc link was helpful. We are a small enough user group that I can create a "Workers" group and a "Planners" group and send specific announcements to each. I really appreciate your responses!

Level 3

The link in your response no longer works - is there an updated page with this info? I'm trying to send out a user email but it looks like WF changes the way to do that - I only see pre-defined notifications within Workfront email. So frustrating. There used to be a screen that you could load that looked like a regular email - you could select all users or just a group. Now when I go into email options I see nothing like that. And searching for information returns no info on this specific item (which is typical - I never find what I need in the documentation).