Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Can I make a document attached to an issue a hyperlink in a report?

Level 4

We are launching a request queue that will be used instead of emails from all over our company. The assignee of the requests will be working from a report/dashboard. It would be dreamy if they could just click the document from within the report to open/download the document instead of going to issue details etc. Thoughts?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Dawn,

If you create a column in text mode within your report and use the following code (but obviously replace 'your domain' with your domain!), the document name and document URL will be displayed within the report. The URL is clickable and will take the user directly to the document's landing page where they can choose to preview / download the document:

valueexpression=CONCAT({name}," - https://yourdomain.my.workfront.com/document/view?ID=",{ID})

listdelimiter=

listmethod=nested(documents).lists

valueformat=HTML

displayname=Documents

textmode=true

type=iterate

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 4

Thank you! That worked beautifully.

Do you know if there is a way to make the "name of the document" a hyperlink? or is the only option to have the link follow? Either way it is giving me an easy access to the doc. much appreciated.

=D

Community Advisor

Hi Dawn,

Glad I could help.

No, I don't think that it is possible to display the name of the document as a hyperlink in this type of report. Not that I am aware of anyway!

Best Regards,

Rich.