Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can fields using display logic be tagged as required?

Level 2

I've got some fields in a custom form with display logic and I want to also make them required.  I've selected required, but there's no asterisk when previewing the form and they are not required.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Tracy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

yes field that shows upon display logic can be made mandatory by checking in "make field required" in the form. you might want to see what logic you have been used and the field that shows up upon selection to be made required. 

If its applied and not showing up, it happened to me recently when using new creative form builder, you might want to try closing and redo again. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 5

Fields with display logic can still be required. They would only be considered required if/when they display.

For example, you can have a "Department" field that only displays when a "Division" is first chosen. Once the "Department" field is visible it would be required. If no "Division" were selected (and therefore the "Department" field never displayed) it would NOT be required. 

Correct answer by
Level 3

yes field that shows upon display logic can be made mandatory by checking in "make field required" in the form. you might want to see what logic you have been used and the field that shows up upon selection to be made required. 

If its applied and not showing up, it happened to me recently when using new creative form builder, you might want to try closing and redo again. 

Community Advisor

The "required" flag does depend on if it's displayed or not as the previous answers cited. That means if using the API or Fusion to access the fields, the "required" flag is ignored.

Level 2

No API or Fusion is being used on these particular fields.